Last Sunday Mother Angelica passed on to her eternal reward. The only consolation for us of her loss is the fact that she died on Easter Sunday, how appropriate. Her life was a tremendous witness of what one can do what God wants that person to do. Her founding EWTN has been the looked to organization for religious media.
Because of our role in media also, Fire of the Spirit looks up to Mother Angelica as an inspiration to continue what we do. Many of us, the younger generation, did not have much exposer to Mother herself. We missed the joy, clarity, humor and straightforwardness that she had. I thought a few quotes might give us a bit of insight into what Mother Angelica was like.
- “Unless you are willing to do the ridiculous, God will not do the miraculous. When you have God, you don’t have to know everything about it; you just do it.”
- “Faith is one foot on the ground, one foot in the air, and a queasy feeling in the stomach.”
- “If you’re not a thorn on somebody’s side, you’re not doing Christianity right.”
- “If it wasn’t for people, we could all be holy.”
- “Boldness should be the eleventh commandment.”
- “God does awesome things with us.”
Eternal rest grant unto her oh Lord. May her soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.